Happy New Year to all of my family, friends, and followers! I hope you had a great 2017. I know that I accomplished so much more than I thought that I would. So many goals were crushed, so many friends made, and so many miles on my feet.
I have been wanting to post my 18 Goals for 2018, but between work, family, and life, things have been busy. I wasn’t able to post my 2018 Goals on January 1st, so today is a good day to put them out there. There are so many things that I would like to see happen for myself, family, and friends, but these are the 18 goals that I MUST accomplish for myself.
- Train for a Marathon;
- Train for an Ultra;
- Get my Personal Trainer Certification;
- Get my Running Coach Certification;
- Start a Kid Running Club at JEA (Parents can participate too);
- Help at Least 1 Person on Their Health Fitness Journey;
- Get Back into Church and The Word;
- Take a Girls’ Weekend Trip with CJ & Ry;
- Start a Book Club for CJ and Her Friends;
- Lower my Body Fat Percentage;
- Tone Up Some Flab;
- Hand Write 1 Letter a Month to a Family Member or Friend;
- Visit my Relatives More Often;
- Organize a Group Volunteer Type Event at the Homeless Shelter and/or Food Pantry;
- Start Doing Yoga as Part of my Health Journey;
- Pace a Few Half-Marathons;
- Start Bike Riding; and
- Being a more Positive Person, and not let the Negativity Bring me Down
There are so many more things that I would like to list, but I am doing only 18. I really want to grow myself as an individual this year. Everyone has room for growth. It is important to keep your brain functioning, so challenge yourself to learn something new. Read some books, write in a journal, talk to a stranger.
I don’t know if you set personal goals for yourself, but it is great to have something to strive for, to look forward to. Don’t ever stop pushing yourself for something that you desire to accomplish.
These are my goals. You are more than welcome to join me on the roads/trails as I put some miles in this year. Those times are when some of the best conversations take place!